Friday 31 August 2012

One Force Tac 1 - update

Its been about a month since I last posted any progress for these guys, so here's where I'm at with them.

click to embiggen
I've chosen to work on only 5 figures at a time as it can be pretty soul destroying to be faced with 10 of the same thing to paint each time, whereas 5 feels a lot more manageable (although not always) and still gives time for one coat to dry by the time you've finished the last.  Since last time I've worked the greys to a highlighted state across all parts, went back and tidied up the green on the armour and then shaded it (you can find the process I'm using to paint these guys here).  Next up is to highlight all the armour and then apply battle damage and weathering, and then all I'll have left are the little details and this combat squad will be ready for the tabletop.  After these I plan to paint the Shadow Captain Korvydae I bought recently so that I can start to field them as an allied detachment in games so they start to see the tabletop.

C&C welcome.  Cheers - Andy

2 comments:

  1. Those are looking great! I really dig the hard edge highlights - looks sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mordian - they are getting there slowly. Hoping to have pics of them highlighted this week, hoping.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...