As the end of each year approaches, I like to look back at the year, see what I've achieved (sometimes more than I realised - last year
), and to have a think about what I'd like to do in the new year which often follows as a new years resolutions post. It helps me to keep stock of my progress, and try and know where I want to go in the coming year.
Its been quite a quiet year for me, with "life, the universe, and everything" somewhat conspiring to swallow up the majority of my spare time. In rough order of what I achieved, I started the year painting the Treeman/Avatar
after finally developing a suitable molten metal technique, and managed to bring it to near completion
later in April. I also managed to finally post a picture of the majority of my skaven army
as they are painted.
In May, the blog added its first additional contributor - ColonelFazackerley
, who probably produced most of the years material, posts: 245
, and 261
A big part of my year was taken up by my trip to Japan
, where I discovered Gundam
. I've got a lot of potential material from that trip, but it'll take me a while to get any of that posted.
This year, I also set myself a relatively modest 5 goals as part of my New Year's resolutions. All were partial successes, I posted pictures of those models I hung onto, but have gotten rid of most of the Tyranids, got rid of a lot of my old models that were hanging around but still have more to be rid of, made progress on One Force but didn't complete everything, and the same for other painting projects.
- Post pictures of all the models I painted during 2014
- Skaven army, the Tyranids, One Force marines (Mk II and Mk IV)
- Continue the clear out
- Tyranids, Space Wolves (most of them), a lot of spares and bits and pieces
- Complete painting One Force as it stands
- 5 Mk V marines and jump-packs, 10 Mk III veterans with combi-weapons, missile launchers for all squads, Master of the Forge
- Complete standing painting projects
- Skaven warp lighting cannon, Treeman Avatar, Tau Firewarriors and Riptide, and any other bits and pieces I have lying around that I've forgotten
- Return to blogging
I'll keep on plugging away, and see where I get this year.
Happy New Year to you all.