Wednesday 25 April 2012

100th post

Well heck, I've reached 100 posts.

I'm pretty amazed that I've kept this going for so long, there's been gaps and fits and starts at posting, but I'll definitely admit that trying to keep this blog going had definitely helped me keep up with my hobby.

I don't have anything special planned as this has crept up on me a little, so instead I'll just look at how the blog's done over that time:

Traffic over time
You can see just how much of an impact going to BlogWars had on my traffic (big thanks got From The Fang for that), that spike is the few weeks after the tournament when I was posting the battle reports and army images.  Otherwise I've managed to keep a relatively steady traffic flow.

As for posts, my Thunderwolf review is far and away the most popular with almost 1,400 views.  The combi-melta conversion post comes in second with over 500 views, and placing third is my conversion of a Thunderwolf mount.  Seems like those Space Wolves and their giant wolfy mounts are still popular.

Finally, "mad props" have to go to Ron over at From the Warp as both the top referring site and url for my little old blog, so a big thank you to Ron for the continuing, amazing work he does to build our blogging community.

So, thanks all of you for looking in when you do, I'll be back to posting regular content very soon as I have a lot I want to show after Salute at the weekend.  I'm also going to be trying to post mini-updates to my twitter stream that you can see on the right, or find here.

Cheers - Andy

8 comments:

  1. Pimpin' your blog in this weeks UK Bloggers weekly round up ;) except some more traffic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, there's been a sudden explosion in traffic and comments! I'm going to have to be on my toes to try and keep this going - great work building the community.

      Delete
  2. Hi mate, a bit uncanny that you have had your 100th post and became my 100th follower in the same day! Thanks buddy, hope you enjoy my Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is quite the coincidence. Feel pretty honoured to be that 100th follower, and definitely enjoy your blog. Looking forward to what you have coming up.

      Delete
  3. Nice one man, congratulations. :)

    not easy keeping thinking of fresh content, I'm aware my blog often just becomes a "what I'm doing" thing rather than considered content, but you manage to pull out some well informed and thought provoking stuff, so kudos.

    It seems to be the season of celebratory posts.. lots of people in the blogoshpere having landmarks - it's wicked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karitas. I know what you mean about keeping up the more interesting side of the content. I know I feel like most of the time its just a log of what I've been doing recently, but I do try and come up with the odd interesting tid-bit.

      I think the explosion in blogging a few years ago means that more and more people are hitting these milestones around now. Its really nice to see how many people have been able to stick it out as we both know how difficult it can be to keep going in the longer term.

      Its fantastic to think that you hit 3 years just the other day too. Well done.

      Delete
  4. Many many congrats, Andy: yours is definitely one of my favourites!

    It's grand to see you're still going strong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drax, I'm really glad that you enjoy reading, hopefully I'm managing to keep things interesting enough. I've got quite a bit queued up so thankfully I can keep up regular posting for a while yet. Cheers

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...