Sunday 20 September 2015

259: Individual minis: a zombie for the horde

Particularly for 40k, it makes sense to paint a batch at once. Probably a squad, squadron or formation.

It can start to feel like a drag, and standards may slip. Modelling and painting an individual mini is a way to experiment with new time-consuming techniques without it turning into a hassle.

Here's a one. After a particularly brutal defeat (using my Iron Knights against my friend's Death Guard), I rewarded my opponent with an Iron Knight zombie for his horde. I did not have any spare legs, but then zombies don't need legs.



There's greenstuff guts and mushrooms, UHU mixed with paint to give glue-string gore, and some weathering experiments. Kudos to the first person to identify the source of the head.

2 comments:

  1. It's Andy's head, I'd know it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much me till I've had at least 2 coffee's on a morning :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...