I used 4mm (diameter) by 3mm neodymium magnets.
- Before gluing the fuselage together, stick a blob of greenstuff in the dorsal half of the fuselage, where the top of the stand will come to rest. To stick greenstuff, scratch with a knife, apply some superglue and then push in the pliable greenstuff.
- To mark where the top of the stand will sit, hold the fuselage together, and push the stand through, so it leaves a cross mark in the greenstuff. You can prevent the greenstuff from sticking to the stand by putting clingfilm/foodwrap over the the greenstuff. (Beware superglue will stick to clingfilm, so wipe up any that may have squeezed out from behind the greenstuff blob).
- Wait for the greenstuff to cure.
- Drill the top of the flightstand to hold a magnet
- Drill the greenstuff, where the cross is marked.
- Glue in the magnets.
Now the model can be pick up without the stand dropping off. Handily removable for transport.