Thursday 18 April 2013

205: One Force Squad 5, 5 men almost done (5?)

Yep, that's all the 5's I could think of to fit into that post title.  Nice and apt that its post 205 to post up squad 5 (not the 5th squad as squad numbering is based on armour type), but anyway, 5!



I've pretty much run out of superlatives for how much I'm enjoying these Forgeworld marines, each time I pick up a different form, I fall more and more in love with it.  Even though outlining every one of those rivets was a pain, totally worth it.  I've got to line highlight the jump packs, and I think I'll go back in and add a second level highlight to most of them before weathering and battle damage.  I've also got to settle on a colour for the special weapon (volkite something or other).  I'm thinking I might try a purple glow look, just to be a little different.  

I've also been working on my Dread', blocking in colours when all the line highlighting and outlining just got a little too much.  Already seems to have managed to get him almost there!


Right then, bring on Salute!  Hope you are all going, if not you are definitely missing out, tickets are only £15 on the day - totally worth it.

Cheers - Andy

4 comments:

  1. Look really cool mate.. The FW models are so very lovely... And contemptors too? Wow, just going to be a joy to play against over the tabletop.

    They going to feature in BW5 Iron Legion campaign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I'm hoping to get them to BW, although I doubt I'll have enough to mount a full 1850 with the rate I paint at. At least this time they should be the primary faction at least.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your One Force, especially the FW marines and lovely Contemptor looks like it's coming on nicely. Very Militaristic, bit like my Relictors which must be good ;) None of that namby pamby bright red or blue like UM's and BA's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. A militaristic look is exactly what I was going for, that its coming across that way makes me really happy.
      Trying to keep as little ostentation on them too (never really got the idea of going into combat with bits of paper flapping around you). Definitely no rainbow marines here. :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...