Monday 15 April 2013

204: Going to Salute 2013

For the second year in a row, I'm off to Salute, the wargaming and miniatures tradeshow run by the South London Warlords.  Last years event was a real eye opener for me, seeing just how many different systems were out there, and discovering entire genres of gaming I hadn't known about until then.  In case you are interested, you can see some of the fantastic miniatures that were to be found in my posts from last year:  Salute1, Salute2 and Salute3.


From my experiences last year, there are a few things that are top of my list for this years Salute.

Freebooters Fate:  I managed to play a game of this last year (a brief summary of which can be found in Salute3), but this year I really want to get to see a lot more of this game.  I'll be spending quite a bit of time around their booth if I can help it, and there's a pretty high chance that if I'm bringing anything home with me from the event, it'll be some kind of starter kit for the game.  Just take a look at some of the models and you'll see why its pretty hard to resist, and the gameplay is a blast.


Anvil Industries:  I've used a lot of their weapons and bases for One Force, and Joel and the team consistently put out some awesome products.  They are also super responsive to suggestions, not too long ago I mentioned it would be cool if their combi-weapon set had holes for magnets so that you can hot-swap the special weapon, and within minutes he'd added it to the design that is now in production!  There's quite a few bits of theirs I really want to get a closer look at to help expand my armies.


Black Library:  Well, why wouldn't you want to.  Last year I didn't really take up the opportunity to talk to the authors, or get anything signed, I think that'll change this time though.  I haven't seen any sign of who will be there,  if anyone knows I'd be very interested.


Forgeworld:  Again, pretty obvious choice, and there's the event only miniatures that I like a heck of a lot more this year.  I may have to place a lock on my wallet if I get close to their stand.


Blight WheelBlack Scorpion Miniatures:  both companies are producing models that are consistently catching my eye both for their individual merit, and the possibilities of working them into existing forces.  I'm very interested in getting a good close look at what these guys are doing.  I also wish Puppets War were going to Salute, but I'll just have to see if I can find any of their minis at the other vendors booths.


No matter what, I'll have my camera with me, and will be looking out for any of the faces I've met over the last year or so either at Blog Wars or more recently at Throne of Skulls.  If you see the fellow below (probably not in the garish blue and orange top though, nor with the certificate), and you happen to read this blog, then say hello as it'd make my day to meet a reader.



Cheers - Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...