Saturday 18 February 2017

285: Centurion Devastators

Here are what I'm going to be taking to represent Centurion Devastators when I feel the need for a ridiculous amount of Grav weaponry.




I'm pretty sure I've mentioned previously that I didn't like the aesthetic of the real models, something about Space Marines in armour donning a second suit of armour just to tout big guns didn't really do it for me.  These are the Mechanicum Kataphron Destroyers with marine heads and backpacks.  It was a super simple conversion.
They're mounted onto 50mm bases (which I'm pretty sure is what marine destroyers come with) so you can see they aren't too dissimilar is size for gaming - a little shorter, but wider.
Eventually I need to figure out a way to model their secondary weapons (either missile launchers or hurricane bolters), but that'll be an addition for another time.

I'm sure they'll die horribly and do absolutely nothing in their first game, such is the life of any new shiny model ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is true.

    And they look like One Force ? Looking forward to perhaps some more multi-origin additions to One Force ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there's a good chance at least one other of the Mechanicum units may be seeing a conversion in the future - not immediately though as I've got quite a backlog to deal with first.

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice, must have missed this post. I like them, good use of bits and everyone loves Grav (read: only the Marine player fielding it!) Less Tellytubby and more Sir Killalot from Robot Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'd never thought about the Robot Wars look, but you are absolutely right, I won't be able to not see that now.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...