Wednesday 16 June 2010

A scaling Wolf list


At the local GW there doesn't seem to be a set points value that people play - 1500 pts is a bit of a standard, but you are almost as equally likely to end up playing a 500 pts game as a 2250 pts game.  I've lost count of the number of times I've gone down with a list built to a specific points value to end up having to alter it on the fly to be able to get a game.
To that end, I've tried to put together a series of lists at 250 pts intervals using the models I have available at the moment to cover all the bases.  I'm putting them here to garner comments on them to see if there are ways that they could be improved (bearing in mind that I'm using models I have available, not all of them, but for some options I'd have to build new stuff).



500 pts

Rune Priest  (100)

8 Grey Hunters:  meltagun, MotW, powerfist, rhino  (200)
8 Grey Hunters:  meltagun, MotW, powerfist, rhino  (200)



750 pts

Rune Priest  (100)
Rune Priest  (100)

3 Wolf Guard:  3 powerfists, 2 combi-meltas  (124)

8 Grey Hunters:  meltagun, MotW, rhino  (175)
8 Grey Hunters:  meltagun, MotW, rhino  (175)
5 Blood Claws  (75)



1000 pts

Rune Priest  (100)
Rune Priest  (100)

3 Wolf Guard:  3 powerfists, 2 combi-meltas  (124)
Lone Wolf:  storm-shield, MotW  (65)

8 Grey Hunters:  meltagun, MotW, wolf standard, rhino  (185)
8 Grey Hunters:  meltagun, MotW, wolf standard, rhino  (185)
6 Blood Claws:  meltagun  (95)

6 Long Fangs:  2 heavy-bolters, 2 missile launchers, lascannon  (145)



1250 pts

As above +
4 Thunderwolves:  thunder-hammer, storm-shield  (260)

(4 pts over)



1500 pts

As above +
Wolf Lord:  frost-weapon, thunderwolf, Belt of Russ, wolf tooth necklace, wolf tail talisman saga of the bear  (245)
extra combi-melta for the Wolf Guard



So are these lists that would work?  Where would you perhaps change them to improve their effectiveness?  Are they even legal (I'm pretty sure they are, but I've made mistakes in the past so I'm never sure).



2 comments:

  1. actually, your two Rune Priests have identical wargear, which is not allowed. i would advise giving one a bolter over a bolt pistol, because its free. Otherwise, Meltabombs, Wolf tail Talismans, and others are good options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave

    Thanks for spotting that, I'd intended to switch the wargear on one of the Rune Priests and then completely forgot to. I'm working on variants of this list and I'll make sure I've got the changes in the future lists.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...