Thursday 27 May 2010

Thunderwolves - ho!



Greetings from Vietnam (not really, I'm honeymooning there and this is scheduled to keep the blog ticking over).  Here's the Thunderwolves that I eluded to last week when I showed jcroxford's fantastic Space Wolf army I discovered while searching for these very models.



These are Heroclix Fenris Wolves, they are pretty difficult to get hold of but I was able to find a few on line and get them posted over here to the UK.  They are a brilliant size for Thunderwolves and once I get them mounted onto suitable 60mm bases are going to look fantastic on the tabletop.  I also intend to customise them somewhat so that they have more than one pose as at the moment they look a little too parade-ground when they are all lined up.  The most brilliant thing about these is that a Marauder Horsemans legs fit perfectly over the backs of the wolves, they hold in place very securely but are also easily removable for transport.  I'd bought the horsemen for the arm, weapon and head components you can see in these models, and had already mounted the bodies onto the legs as I was going to proxy the horses till I could find a suitable model - amazing how things work out nicely in the end :D

Below are a few details of the individual models.



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...