So its only the start of December, and I've been pretty lax on the hobby front for the last month or so. I've got a few things done, but never the time to chronicle it - especially not photos. I don't know if I'll get much more time till close to Christmas either, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling on New Years Resolutions.
First up, a review of last years resolutions. They were:
- Get at least one army together and most importantly PAINTED so that I can play a game or two - this is where my future Necron purchases will come in nice and handily.
- Start PLAYING GAMES again. I haven't had a game of 40K in years, and I'm keen to see how the game plays with all the changes that have happened over the last decade.
- For point 2, BUY THE NEW RULEBOOK and start to learn the new rules
- Retrieve all my lovely old models (mostly marines) from the 2nd gen 40K and start to paint them up (see a near future post for ideas I've had regarding this)
- Get my SPACE WOLVES army together to a point where I could also have a game or two with it
So, what have I achieved. Well, I've got an army, they are space wolves, they are painted up to a tabletop standard if not my best painting, I've got the new rulebook and I've had a few games and I've managed to retrieve a good portion of my old models. What haven't I achieved - well there's still some models somewhere in storage at my old childhood home, and although I've got an army, it isn't the Necrons I orignally intended (I'd still like to do them though, especially after seeing this reposted).
I'd say I'll give myself a 4/5 for this year - not bad.
I'm going to try and be more ambitious and specific with my resolutions for the coming year in the hopes that they will spur me on to greater achievements.