I built these guys a heck of a while ago (a full 18 months ago it turns out!) and they've since been sitting in my painting queue as I lost all motivation. After finally finishing off the Mk III marines (post to come when I get some decent photos), I pulled these out and couldn't quite believe how quickly they painted up.
A nice and basic job, a little bit of wash to give definition to the panel lines, and a gentle, light drybrush to highlight the grey. Greens were also drybrushed for highlighting. A couple of spot colours for the missiles and lenses and they're pretty much done.
I've tried to do my usual simple pilot painting technique of a light drybrush over black, then tinted with a wash. I recently found a load of my old paints including the original inks so I tried the green ink (left) versus the current green wash (right). Its incredible the difference both in tone, and level of coverage.
Looking at the pictures, as always, I've spotted a couple of details that are in need of correction. There's also the issue of the cockpit covers - I've obviously managed to misplace these while awaiting painting so I'll sort those out when I find them. In the meantime, its soft-top Storm Talons.